The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

How to deploy the Croesus Retail Trust money?

Monday, August 28, 2017

Reader:
I understand u have pretty huge stake in CRT so I thought I can eavesdrop how you intend to redistribute the funds. If u could talk to yourself on that, I will be just eavesdropping.

AK:
I am quite happy to hold on to more cash for a while. No hurry. ;)






I do have a relatively large investment in Croesus Retail Trust but I had an even larger investment in Saizen REIT.

I am mostly an investor for income and I view the huge capital gains as having received many years of income in advance.

It means that I could wait for many years without deploying the funds and I would still be quite comfortable. I don't need to grow my wealth constantly.

Now, if you must see positive growth year after year, what I have just said will not sit well with you. You will constantly have to look for ways to make sure you do not "fall behind".

So stressful.




You are hardworking. I am lazy.

For me, well fed, I am quite happy to sit on more money while waiting for new investment opportunities to come along.

Related posts:
1. How much did AK make from Saizen REIT?
2. Croesus Retail Trust, HPH Trust, NBN Trust and SingTel.

9 comments:

laurence said...

Slaughtering a fat cow now and then is insignificant to AK who has a huge herd of cows and bulls as large as the annual great Serengeti wildebeest migration. And not forgetting his fertile herd breeds like locusts as well. Lol.

AK71 said...

Hi Laurence,

A fan of Animal Planet and Nat Geo Wild? ;p

I rather prefer the image of selling a cow than slaughtering a cow. Be nice to animals. ;)

WTK said...

Hi AK,

You are right. There is no need for you to act in the current situation. Cash is king. If there is nothing significant that warrant our investment, the best strategy is to 按兵不動.

There is ample opportunity to utilise the warchest when the appropriate moment arrives.

Ben

AK71 said...

Hi Ben,

I am a simple person and I have simple strategies. ;p

My simple strategy.

JohnRed said...

Why bother looking for replacement?

Just vote no. Problem settle. If offer rejected, Blackstone have to come back with better price.

While waiting for better price, continue to receive dividends. Why sell cash cow unless cash cow is sick.

Don't know why everyone in SG want to sell *rolleyes*

We Malaysian investors are not selling

laurence said...

To AK, slaughtering a fat cow is 家常便饭. No more significant than the perennial culling those pesky possums
in Melbourne. Think nothing of it.

AK71 said...

Hi Laurence,

It does create a bit of a challenge for me in the short term to have a lot more cash in my portfolio. However, I believe that other good investment opportunities will present themselves over time. They always do. :)

laurence said...

Slaughtering a fat cow is not a "zero sum game" (LKY's favorite phrase). One still gets to eat it, together with all its health benefits. Rather that, than one day it becomes diseased (think mad cow disease) and has to be written off. Just using metaphors ( GCT's favorite modus operandi) to make it sound more palatable (pun intended).
Lol.

AK71 said...

I received a couple of messages from readers asking when is Croesus Retail Trust going to make payment (i.e. $1.17 per share)?

We should be paid on 26 October 2017.


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award